Sunday, March 20, 2011

Written for Me

We had the wonderful opportunity to have Elder Russell M. Ballard come and speak to us during all our Stake Conference Sessions this weekend. What a wonderful experience. I felt the spirit and loved his messages. But it wasn't his talk that touched me the most. It was President Server's talk during the Adult Session that I feel was written just for me.

Before Conference we were delivered a formal letter from the Stake Presidency that invited us to conference. In that letter the Stake Presidency pleads with us to pray before attending the meetings and to come ready to have our questions or concerns answered. So I did pray but I didn't think I had any questions or concerns until President Server started to speak.

See, I've been spending a lot of time thinking about moving. Feeling like I needed a fresh and new start. I've let myself get so worked up and frustrated inside that I've felt that the only way I will "fit in" or feel like I was apart of something is if I moved. I won't go into details of why I felt this way because I know now that it doesn't matter.

President Server's words were like a light bulb turning on in my head. He said "One of the greatest virtues one can have is to be willing to change." What a wonderful truth. Moving is not the answer, changing is. I have to be willing to change. I have to not judge those around me or those situations that frustrate me. I can not change others. I must change myself. Thank You President Server for that wonderful message.

I am so grateful for my membership in the Church. How blessed we are to have such wonderful servants of the Lord come and speak and teach us. We are so blessed to have the knowledge of the atonement. And to have a knowledge of what we need to do to return to our Heavenly Father and have eternal life. I feel joy and peace.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I loved his talk too -- all of the talks were so inspired, I'm glad I was able to go to all the sessions!! :)

Forsyth Family said...

move? are you crazy?? You are staying put!

Mel said...

It's funny because I told my sister yesterday that that talk was written just for me!! I totally got so many answers to my prayers from his talk. Loved it. One thing that stuck to me is how he said that we have no control over what others do or say to us but we do have control with how we react. It was awesome. So loved it. That was the best session!

You have to remember that there are so many people that love you here. There are the negative things with anywhere you live!