Monday, March 7, 2011

Of Things That Matter Most

Tonight for Family Home Evening we watched the conference talk by Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Of Things That Matter Most". If you'd like to watch, listen or read the talk you can find it here.

Even though I have watched and read this talk a couple of times since conference something stood out to me today.

He says "As we evaluate our own lives with a willing mind, we will see where we have drifted from the more excellent way. The eyes of our understanding will be opened, and we will recognize what needs to be done to purify our heart and refocus our life."

He then shares four key relationships that are essential for us to have. The one that stood out to me most was the Fourth Key.

He says "The fourth key relationship is with ourselves. It may seem odd to think of having a relationship with ourselves, but we do. Some people can’t get along with themselves. They criticize and belittle themselves all day long until they begin to hate themselves. May I suggest that you reduce the rush and take a little extra time to get to know yourself better. Walk in nature, watch a sunrise, enjoy God’s creations, ponder the truths of the restored gospel, and find out what they mean for you personally. Learn to see yourself as Heavenly Father sees you—as His precious daughter or son with divine potential."

I think we often find fault in ourselves, I know I do. I find fault and criticize myself daily but my goal is to now have a relationship with myself.

I sure do love President Uchtdorf. I love the messages he shares.

No comments: