Sunday, March 13, 2011

Potty Training

Those that know me, know that I've written a book about potty training. We were made aware of someone passing my eBook around the Internet for free using Yahoo to do so.

Using Yahoo's services they have posted the eBook in a forum for anyone to get a free copy. This has spread like wildfire and now blogs and mommy forums from all over are sharing this link with each other so that they can "spread the love" (as one mom put it) with everyone.

We contacted Yahoo about this as it is a copyright infringement for the person to be posting my eBook online and Yahoo can be held accountable for damages. I got an email back from Yahoo stating that they do see the copyright infringement and apologize for the trouble this is causing me but that they would like a legal form submitted requesting that it be removed. REALLY? Why can't they just take the dang thing down? They admit that it is a copyright infringement so why not just remove it? Large companies really make things difficult for us smaller companies.

But as frustrated as I am with Yahoo, at least I know it will be down soon.

2 comments:

jewels said...

That sucks big time.

Lora said...

It's always a challenge to keep people from infringing on copyright but we just keep working on it.

Potty Training