Sunday, March 6, 2011

3-6-2011


I've been struggling with a few alot of things lately. While trying to work through, and deal with these things I have spent a lot of time praying for help.

I would spend night after night laying in bed for hours crying myself to sleep wondering why I hadn't been given an answer or at least some kind of direction on how to handle my situation. But this all changed today.

We try to read scriptures every morning as a family and have for a very long time, but I personally have not done any personal scripture study in months. As I sat on the couch in the living room I looked over and saw my scriptures sitting there. I stared at them for a good five minutes and then reached over to pick them up. The moment I did, I was filled with the spirit and got an overwhelming feeling that my help was in the scriptures. I needed to read them more and apply them into my daily life and my struggles will feel less of a burden.

I'm truly grateful for my membership in the church and for the scriptures and all that I can learn from them.

3 comments:

Forsyth Family said...

Good picture--even better blog! The scriptures are amazing--all are answers are there--we've just got to find them!

Lora said...

Thanks Jamie!! Love ya

Tori Williams said...

My P. blessing says that all the answers to my problems and concerns are in the scriptures (and I'm sure it's true for all of us like you said), but I too don't read them enough... Thanks for sharing your experience.