Monday, March 14, 2011

3-14-2011


After having it on our list of "To Do" Family Home Evenings, we finally put together our 72 hour kits. It feels good to have that done.

I was able to get up and shower again today. I fixed my hair and everything. I had a few more things to get for our 72 hour kits so I knew that I had to go to Wal-Mart. But I'm paying the price for it now...I pushed myself too far and I'm back in bed.

When I got up this morning I knew my house would be a mess and I had expected it, but what I saw was NOT expected in the least. There was oatmeal all over my hardwood floor. Down the hall, on the stairs, in the kitchen, on the counters, on the kitchen table, on the coffee table, on the end tables.......EVERYWHERE. Once I started to inspect things a little better I see that there is cupcake pieces stuck to the pictures hanging on the walls, on my ceiling fan, in the plants, on my couches and in every corner of my living room.

WHAT THE HECK!!!!!

So I find out that last night Justin told Josh, Preston and William that he would pay $10 to the person that got their cupcake to explode the best. Josh won. Preston thought it would be fun to throw an open packet of oatmeal into the fan to see what it would do. Justin had also said he would pay $80 to the person willing to throw a bag of flour into the fan...No one did that one thank goodness.

They insisted that they cleaned it up the best they could and didn't understand why I was so upset. I'm still trying to calm down over it. A few people, mostly family posted on Facebook that I would look back on this and laugh but I'm almost sure that I won't...EVER.

2 comments:

Forsyth Family said...

I'm proud of Josh for winning--and proud of you for getting your 72 hour kits done! Let me know if you need those magazines today!

Tori Williams said...

Crazy boys!! Nice job on the 72 hour kits. We need to do ours too.