Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight

So Twilight "the movie" came out on Thursday Night/Friday Morning and I LOVED IT !! I got to see it twice and loved it more the second time around so anyone that hasn't seen it, SEE IT, and for those of you that have just seen it once, see it AGAIN, it will be well worth it. :-)

I thought they did a great job on the casting of the movie. I say that now, even though before the movie was released I thought the pick for Edward was horrible. Edward grows on you BIG time and before the end of the movie I was sold.

Any Jacob fans might want to skip this next paragraph...

When I read the Twilight series I had a vision of Jacob being...well...hmmm...UGLY!! (told you not to read if you're a Jacob fan) Yup, I said it. I really thought he was ugly and well...they did the BEST job casting him. (stop reading if you don't like it!) I so think the actor playing the role of Jacob fits my vision of what Jacob should look like...So not my type!! I know a lot of people think that the actor that plays the character is good looking but I just can't see it.

Anyhow, for the 2:45am showing of Twilight there were a total of 15 of us!!! Two of my old Laurels and their friends came, my sister-in-law Tori and her husband Austin came and then there was our little "girl" group that consisted of Me, Danielle, Laura, Emily & Amber. What a blast!!

We planned to meet for breakfast before the movie and had a very interesting time finding a place. Ihop (closed) drove to Village Inn (closed), drove to another Village Inn (closing in 20 minutes) and then finally Denny's. We were so excited that it was open. I'm not a huge fan of Denny's but I sure liked their French Toast, you should give it a try sometime.

We got to the theatre just as 20 sold out showings ended!! It was so packed and a madhouse inside and out of the theatre. The craziness of it all just sort of excited me even more.

We had fun with our "pre-show" entertainment...

We had footie pj's


We had Blankets...
And best yet...Tutu's...

Now I know that all the girls thought the whole tutu thing was funny but I don't think they enjoyed it as much as Amber and myself did. She took all these great pictures of it all. It was such a hoot.

Here is a picture of us girls!!

Here are pictures from the second showing that I went to. At the second showing, Amy Braithwaite, her sister Miranda, my mom, Justin, his girlfriend Kylee and Kylees mom Shelly went. We went to Applebees for dinner but I didn't get pictures of that. By the way, Justin hated the movie!!! BOYS :-)



Anyhow, go see the movie if you haven't yet and for those that have, do it again because it will be well worth it. Heck...I'm going to see it again myself. :-)

2 comments:

Tori Williams said...

YAY FOR TWILIGHT!!!! It was SO fun! I pictured Jacob cute in the book, so when I saw him in the movie... it was kind of a let down (not that I like him in the books anyway!) Work has picked up so I don't have my reading time very often. I still haven't finished #4!!
P.S. CUTE BLOG!

Liesl said...

Haha, you are such a Twilight fan! It is so awesome to see such enthusiasm for the book and series. All of my students can't stop talking about the books and the movie. It's great!