Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fake People

People can say many things about me but one thing that NO ONE could ever say about me is that I'm fake.

I hate fake people!!!!

I don't think I can express this loud enough. I have tried to not let it bother me when I see someone being fake but at home, in my own quiet time, it starts bothering me...eating at me.

I've had long talks with Kimball about this topic. Why does "other people" being fake bother me so much? It's because people fall for fakeness. I know that everyone wants to believe that they don't and that they can see through fakeness but I'm here to tell you that most people fall for it. Again, why does this bother me? Because fake people have hurt me. Fake people fool people into thinking they are so great and so believable yet all they do is spread lies. Lies that everyone believes because these fake people have the wool pulled over everyones eyes. They slander people, spread lies about people yet they put on this innocent face and people over look what that person was doing and believe they are "So Sweet" or "One of the nicest people I know" or "So Spiritual". What a crock.

The one good thing about being around fake people is that it helps you appreciate those that are genuine and those that truly are "Sweet", "Nice" and "Spiritual"... People I admire and hope to be like someday. There are two people that I truly wish to be more like. One is Kathy Fitch. I use to Visit Teach her around 9 years ago. She was/is amazing. I've heard that she is now serving a mission with her husband. The way she was with her kids was perfect and she was such a great mom. You could actually see with your eyes the love that those teenage kids had for their mom. It was so great to watch. She had a great relationship with her kids and I've always wanted to have that same thing with my kids. I try but I'm far from where she was. The other is my sister-in-law Leah. We are two VERY different people but I still admire her in many ways. She has an amazing testimony that is shown in most of the things she does. She is so good at expressing it. She can adequately write and describe what is on her mind...something I'm sooooooo not good at. But I still try.

Anyhow...this post was a bunch of rambling so I'll end it. I just want to make sure that I remind myself that I will NOT be fake and I will continue to be a better person. And to remember that "fakeness" usually hurts someone.

6 comments:

annette said...

Lora,I know what you mean, but I also think sometimes people don't even know that they are being fake. they are just like that because their is something in them that hasn't grown up or are even still trying to find themselfs. I am constantly looking at my self seeing the flaws and trying to change them and repenting. Of course their are those that NEVER LEARN and are just down right FAKE and MEAN!!!
I have a two women in my life that just make me say WOW I want to be like them. My mother, she was amazing! and a dear friend named Jannette that I worked with in a church calling.
I hope this was just some random thoughts you were having and not because some thing has happened.

Laura said...

I will echo what you & Annette both said. Fake people drive me CRAZY!! But - at the end of the day, I usually end up feeling sorry for them, because their perspective is so limited, they just don't get what "it's" all about... and chances are they never will. People who are caught up only in the image, the surface, the superficial -- they will miss out on the soul, the life-changing and the spiritual. They will miss out on those amazing relationships with people that have a lasting effect. Isn't that sad?? As for damaging others - well, that's just unacceptable... at all ages this goes on, but it's so horrible :(

Hope you know I love ya!!

jewels said...

That is why I love you Lora. What you see is what you get. I love honesty and realness. I want to know where I stand with people. I am sorry you are hurting. I know you have been through a lot and know that those who believe the "fake" people aren't worth a second thought. Know those who truely know you love you and know you are fabulous.

Lora said...

Thanks you guys. I appreciate you all for being kind to me. I know the three of you guys are true friends and I love you.

I got a private message from someone saying that I shouldn't focus on the negative and that I should be looking for positives in the "fake" people and I shouldn't be judging them. PLEASE PLEASE know that I am in NO WAY judging those fake people. I'm simply saying that I hate that they hurt people and I'm often on the wrong end of a fakers attacks and the one getting hurt. If you know me, you know that I always try to find the "positive" side to things. So to the person that sent me the private message...I'm not focusing on the negative and I'm sorry you see it that way.

Chris 'n Leah said...

Hey there, I finally have a moment to myself. Julia saw the had the procedure done this week with the ENT doctor and everything went really well (YEAH!!) so I've been a little preoccupied. Anyhow, thank you for your kind words about me. It funny how different people can be and yet still connect! I love trying to "figure" people out. What really makes them tick? When I figure that out it is so much easier to love and accept them for who and how they are. I heard a talk once (it was to the youth but I still found it applicable) where he said we should be nice to everyone but be selective about who we are closest to. I think there is wisdom in that. It is natural to open ourselves up more to some than others and to put ourselves in a possition of influence with those who are similar with similar values.

So, I am probably rambling but I know what you are talking about.

Liesl said...

Amen to what everyone said. You are a great example of someone to emulate, Lora. Thanks for being you.