Monday, April 27, 2009

Camp Smile



Last night was our Girls Camp Kick-off Fireside. Our theme this year is "Camp Smile" and I just love the theme. I think it's perfect being that our General Young Women's Presidency gave the girls and their leaders a challenge to do three things daily:

1) Pray morning and night
2) Read the Book of Mormon for at least 5 minutes
3) Smile

Why Smile? Because we have the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, which brings us true happiness.

Now yes...I am excited about the theme but I truly think I would be excited about any theme they used because I'm more excited about the fact that I get to go this year. I can't wait to be with the girls and the leaders and to feel their sweet spirits and to bond with all of them in a loving and spiritual way. It's going to be great.

The picture above is of the cookies "pops" that I made for the fireside, they were cute.

6 comments:

Mel said...

So jealous I am not coming! Way cute cookies. I am not surprised you made them! You go above and beyond the call of duty!

Tori Williams said...

YAY for Girls Camp! Those cookies are adorable. :)

annette said...

I am jealous Too! you are going to have a blast! the cookies were so Yummy. thanks for all you do.

Laura said...

They were the yummiest cookies. I brought one to the kids, and Hailey said "I bet she makes these for her kids all the time".

THey were delish!!

Chris 'n Leah said...

Okay, I am jelous. Wish I was there and I wish I had a big sugar cookie, I'm hungry...

Liesl said...

I have to say that these cookies inspired me to make "Yellow Brick" Sugar cookies for our stake's play, Wizard of Oz. At first I wanted to make flowers like you made, but then I thought bricks would be cuter! Thanks for the inspiration!