Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sheets

I truly hate folding sheets because I can't ever get them to look good. My pillow cases look great, at times I even iron them up nice and pretty. The flat sheet looks good and is always folded neatly and it's usually pretty uniform in shape but oh my goodness, that dang fitted sheet. No matter how hard I try, the fitted sheet always looks like a wadded up mess. Why can't I get the fitted sheet to fold and look pretty?

Does anyone have a tip or trick on how to do this properly? I'm a grown woman and you'd think I'd be able to fold something and it not look like my three year old did it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually enjoy folding sheets. I had a stint as an assistant manager at motel during college. One of our responsibilties was folding sheets. I learned how to fold them pretty well, I must say...
We'll have to chat :)

Tori Williams said...

I gave up trying a long time ago. My Mom does a pretty good job.

jewels said...

I have seen Martha Stewart show you how on her show years ago, maybe it's on the internet somewhere and you can watch her, it works okay.

Julie H. said...

I'm sorry, I'm not a normal mom. WHO FOLDS SHEETS perfectly? I do what I can and then shove them into the closet. But, I was going to say the same thing...check Martha Stewart.com. I saw a show a few years ago where she showed how to fold sheets. Again, I'm sorry, but I just feel like their going to get slept on anyway...the wrinkles will eventually come out. Plus, doesn't the comforter usually cover the sheets up? I know, my lazy way of thinking. Ha!

Lora said...

Carrie, maybe you can teach me...BUT only if it doesn't take forever to do it. Folding it my "messy" way is really fast. :-)

Julie, Yes the comforter usually covers it which is a good thing. It's the whole opening the hall closet and seeing the ugly mess that I don't like. But it's probably going to stay that way and I'm ok with that I guess.