Thursday, January 29, 2009

Winter Blues?

I've always considered myself to be a very Optimistic person. Even when my "thoughts" might try to doubt something, my "words" always express complete optimism. I have always had the belief that if you have positive thoughts, positive results will follow.

When I do feel down I always sing the song "Count Your Blessings" in my head to quickly switch my train of thoughts to more positive and happy ones.

So with all this optimism and "happy" thoughts, why am I so down? All the "normal" things I do to "cheer" myself up just isn't working. No matter how hard I try to be happy, I just want to sit and cry. I'm in a pity party. Feeling as if the whole world is against me. Feeling lonely. What am I doing wrong? Is it just winter blues? How do I make these feeling go away? I hate this feeling. I want to be happy.

Any suggestions on how to pull myself out of this? Will a certain food help? A vitamin? A drug? Something? Anything?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that we all feel this way sometimes Lora. But that is little consolation when we are the one feeling that way.

I find that when I feel depressed I need to get out. I need to get out of my house and spend some time with my closest girl friends. I need to spoend some time not being "wife", "mother", or in your case "employee" but just plain me...Leah. One of my favorite things to do is go to Dairy Queen order a banana split and spend 2 hours eating it and talking/laughing with my friends.

Sometimes it makes me feel better to have a Jane Austin fest. I love Pride and Prejudice and when I am done watching it I always feel better.

And there really is something to the winter blues. Maybe you can try to get some sun, that can help also.

Just know that you are not alone. I love you and many others do too. If I was there I would wisk you away for the night but because I am not just know that I am thinking of you!

Hang in there!

Mel said...

I agree! We all get the feeling of being cooped up in our houses and noone acknowledges that we are alive!!! I get like that a lot. That is why I love Bachelor night! It's so fun to get out and hang out with girls. I think you are wonderful and am so glad that you are my friend! You can come over anytime if you need to get out!

Tori Williams said...

For you Lora, I would definitely suggest getting out and being with people. You are a people person. Listen to your favorite song. Think of something that you have to look foreward to. Plan something to look foreward to if you don't have anything. Hey, we can try to throw together a group date or something tonight! Austin has to work, so he can just take off early. What do you think?

jewels said...

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I wish I could tell you how to feel better, but I don't know. I find myself on the verge of tears a lot and I still have yet to figure it out. Maybe we should go tanning and get some of the Vitamin D we are missing. For me it is sometimes harder to be around people because you feel you need to put on that smile when you just don't want to. Let me know if you need anything, I really think the tanning with the fake light and blasting your favorite c.d. and just soaking in the heat is great and I am up for it anytime.