Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back to School

I'm almost sad that the new school year has already started. This summer was just way too short and even though we all stayed busy we didn't get to do half the things we had wanted to do. But I have always loved seeing my kids happy faces as they head off to school on the first day.

Preston and William attend Harvest Hills Elementary. The bus stop is right on the corner of our home so they don't have far to walk. They looked so cute and handsome as they headed out.

William is now in the 1st grade and his teachers name is Mrs Richins. She is, as William puts it "very old" and he's right. She's a much older teacher than most but she is awesome and I think she will be good for William. William loves her already and he says "My teacher loves me because I'm a good boy and I always raise my hand before talking. I know we will get along." His first words as he came home from school was "I had a really good day today and I think I can handle this 1st grade stuff".

He's so cute and so much fun. He already knows how many girls are in his class and which ones are cute!

Preston is already in the 5th grade and he got his first male teacher and that is exciting for him. His teachers name is Mr Fretwell. He thinks he's a good teacher and you can read more about that on Prestons blog

Preston is now officially the "big brother" at the school. I think this is good for him and I know he's enjoying that role.

Collin, Joshua and Justin all go to Rockwell Charter High School. It's a rigorous college-preparatory, liberal arts high school that has 7th - 12th graders. The 7th - 9th are in the Jr Hall and the 10th - 12th are in the Sr Hall. The boys LOVE IT. I was so worried because Joshua and Collin weren't happy about me putting them in this school because they didn't want to leave their friends. Justin was ok with it because his girl friend was attending the school. But I'm happy to report that the boys are very happy and I haven't seen this kind of excitement from the boys about school in years.

Justin is in 10th grade
Joshua is in 9th grade
Collin is in 7th grade

Justin gets to leave campus during lunch, which he loves. He's also excited about getting to drive to school once he gets his license just after the first of the year. I'm excited too because I won't have to drive them all the way out there. :)

All three of the boys are taking Mandarin Chinese as their foreign language. 7th graders are not allowed to take the class but the schools Director gave special permission for Collin to take the class because his brothers were and because Kimball knows it and can help them at home. Collin feels all grown up!

With it being a college-preparatory school, their going to be busy this year but I'm sure it will pay off in the long run. We have given the boys the challenge again to get a 4.0 for the full year. I'll keep you all posted on that one!!

I would post pictures of all the kids but they didn't turn out, not even a little. I really need to take a photo taking class!!

4 comments:

Chris 'n Leah said...

Sound like a great start to the school year. Your boys are all so smart! I am amazed at what good workers they are, it seems like a lost skill now-a-days. They must have AWESOME parents! :)

The boys look so cute getting on the bus. They are so grown up, I just can't get over it!

Tori Williams said...

Wow, they are all growing up so fast!!! I'm glad they're excited about going back to school. Collin, Josh, and Justin are taking Mandarin?!!!?! Way to go! :) See you guys Sunday!!! Love, Tori

Chris 'n Leah said...

Hey, how are you doing this weeek in Utah land? I hope "things" are going okay.

LOL

Laura said...

Lora - Your site is so dang cute! I love it!! Give me a holler when your boys want to pull some weeds... I'm happy to contribute to their fundraising cause (although I'm secretly -- well not so secretly -- jealous that I don't get to go to Italy!!)