Saturday, August 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!!

Today is my Daddy's 60th Birthday. I came out to California to spend the day with him and to throw him a little party. It was really enjoyable and I've enjoyed spending the time with him and family.


As hard as it might be to adequately describe just how special and wonderful my dad is, I'm still going to give it a try...

I love my daddy so much. He really is the best dad I could have ever ask for. My dad has always believed in me and always told me that I could do and be anything I ever wanted to be. To this day my dad is probably the only person that has had complete faith in me and in the decisions that I've made. He has always been my biggest fan, something that every girl/daughter needs. Even to this day my dad tells me that he knows without a doubt that I'm going to do great things. He often tells me "If anyone could do it, you're that person", when I tell him some of my business ideas and dreams.

I truly believe that if I hadn't had my dad while growing up I would have turned out like 99.99% of the kids that grew up on our side of town. I grew up in a very poor, rough and shady area of town that was full of violence and drugs. My dad protected me from those things. I might not have appreciated those things while growing up but I sure do appreciate it now.

My dad is also an AWESOME grandfather and I have six kids to second that. My kids adore their grandpa. My dad makes sure to pay attention to the kids' interest and likes. He likes to talk to them, hang with them and do things with and for them. I'm so glad my kids have their grandpa in their life.

My dad has shown me, my husband and my kids a great example of love by loving and honoring my mom. Even while traveling the rough road that they have been dealt off and on all their married life, my dad has loved my mom. He treats her well and would do anything for her. Every man should love their wife in this way...Through thick and thin, fire and ice or health and sickness.

As you can see, my dad is awesome!

Happy Happy Birthday Daddy!! I love you more than you probably realize. I wish you many many more birthdays. Thanks for being the best dad ever and for believing in me and being there for me when I've needed you.

I Love You Daddy!

No comments: