Friday, February 18, 2011

Been Too Long

Yesterday I stumbled upon a friends blog and after spending some time on it I started to feel myself get depressed. This friend seems to have it all together. Her house is decorated the way I wish mine was. She is excited about spending time with her family. She sews. She cooks. She has a great relationship with her kids. The list goes on and on...

I finally decided that I can't let her blog depress me, instead I'm going to use it to inspire me. To drive me to do better.

This is going to take me time, I'm sure. But I am committed to trying.

To help me start this process of change I'm going to work on two projects. One is the "Picture a day" project. I'll take one picture a day and post it with my thoughts. I hope this will help me appreciate the world around me a little more. The second project is a year of before and afters. I'm going to take before pictures of things that I want changed around my house and then post the after picture once I've got it the way I want. I hope this will get me to take the risks in decorating. Making my home the way I really want it.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Sounds fabulous! But don't let someone elses life get you down. We all are good at our own things and you are fabulous at frienships and helping others. But I do think all of us need to be remimded of the small things that we are also blessed with. I'm always thinking that I could improve on appreciating my children more. Go for it girl...I'm excited to see what you come up with. I too need to improve on my blogging and recording lifes events. Maybe we should create a group that encourages one anther to make at least one blog post a week?

Mel said...

I wish I could sew...I can barely sew on a button! You know what...Everyone may seem like they have it all together but seriously everyone has their own crap to deal with and it isn't always peaches and roses all the time :) Everybody does have their own talents. You have EXCELLENT children. You are such a good mom. It shows in how your kids act and are. Also you are a fabulous cook and your house is beautiful. I don't know what you are talking about. Plus you can put on a serious party/shower. The talents go on and on!! So don't let yourself get down on yourself. I love you!

jewels said...

You freaking rock and have the biggest heart ever. I amnexcited to see your photos.

Tori Williams said...

Good ideas! I might steal them.